Kategória: Főoldal -> COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL AND AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHERS 2013
The city of Székesfehérvár declared 2013 a celebratory year on the occasion of the 975th anniversary of the death of King St Stephen and of the 75th anniversary of the National Assembly held in 1938 in Székesfehérvár.
In this context a national conference and a photo exhibition with the title “Disabled people in the society” will be organised in September 2013 in Székesfehérvár by the National Federation of Disabled Persons’ Associations along with the Association of Disabled People of County Fejér. With the same title also the photo competition will be announced.
The theme of the photo competition is stated. The goal of the conference and the photo exhibition is to show how disabled people’s way of living changed over the centuries, how we got to the law of equal opportunities, how disabled people’s live nowadays in Hungary and Europe. We would like to ask the applicants to use this important visual tool to raise the public’s awareness about people living with different disabilities and also about their families, about their possibilities here in Hungary and also in other European countries.
With the pictorial representation of disabled people, applicants should aim to show the hidden values of disabled people in an easily understandable way. Also with the power of their works they should be able to raise awareness about the situation, life, and possibilities of disabled people. With their works, they should foster recognition, acceptance, the breaking down of prejudices and also strengthening solidarity for disabled people, and at the same time encourage actions in favour of them.
Conditions of the proposal
- Applicants can only apply with a maximum of 4 works. (For example a series of 5 pictures can be counted as one, but it has to be indicated in the application.)
- Pictures have to be submitted with the usual minimum of 24 cm page size, attached to a black cardboard with a minimum of 5 cm frame, just ready for exhibition.
- The submitted photos will be evaluated by a jury. The representatives of the awarding body will decide about the awards according to the jury’s suggestions.
- On the back of the pictures the name of the photographer, the title of the picture and if applicable the place where the photo was taken should be indicated.
- The photos should arrive until 30th June 2013.
- The photos should be sent to the address: Association of Disabled People of County Fejér, Victoria Rehabilitation Centre, 20. Erzsébet str., H-8000Székesfehérvár, Hungary, or submitted personally between 20 and 30 June 2013 between 9.00 and 16.00 o’clock on the same address.
- The best 50 works will be presented in an exhibition during the national conference which will be held in the Victoria Rehabilitation Centre in September 2013. The award ceremony will take place at the same time.